RULES FOR COMMENTING:
You do not have to registered with Google, AltPress.com, or any of the affiliated to leave a comment. It's open and free. Be kind.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Live in the Lou (er, the Saw?)

Today, the AP Tour rolled into Sauget, Illinois, which is a hop, skip and jump away from St. Louis, Missouri. It should also be noted that the venue, Pop's, was in the middle of nowhere, with the only adjacent businesses being a gas station and two, count 'em two strip clubs.

Sauget, you are one perverted city.

And speaking of Sauget, I still have no idea how to pronounce your city's name. Saw-get? Saw-jay? Saw-gay? Poughkeepsie? No idea. I asked some people in line, and they didn't have a definite answer, either. Of course, the people I asked had been in line since 7:30am today. School skippers! Maybe they taught local geography today and those girls totally blew it.

Pop's was a pretty nice venue. First off, it was air conditioned! Thank Urkel it was nice and cool inside. The crowd was awesome, too -- everyone was very polite and respectful (at least at my booth), yet they still all went off hard for all the bands. The Matches in particular killed it tonight, and they played "What Katie Said" (fuck yeah!). I've now dared Shawn to play it again for me tomorrow night, only in Spanish. We'll see if he takes me up on the challenge. 

Now as I mentioned before, Pop's is sandwiched in between two strip clubs. I will not confirm or deny my attendance at one of said clubs, but I will tell you that one member of All Time Low (whose name rhymes with "Mack Marakat") met a dancer whose MySpace profile song is "Dear Maria, Count Me In." For real.

Side note: Strip clubs plus 5 a.m. bus calls are a bad, bad mixture.

It is beyond time for me to go to bed, as tomorrow (well, in five hours) we'll be playing in Rockford, Illinois, aka my hometown. Hail the conquering hero! I need to catch some z's before my parents come pick me up and treat me to lunch (they better treat me to lunch, or else). See you all again soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahah Mack Marakat got some last night.

Unknown said...

dude, Scott, where are the pictures from St.Pete?

Anonymous said...

Scott hates St. Pete =/

Anonymous said...

Shoot Me in the Smile in Cantonese....that would be EPIC!
Any Matches tune in ANY language is SWEET. See ya next Tues.

Anonymous said...

rhymes with mack marakat...mmm.
lets see..
SCHLACK SHLARAKAT?

Anonymous said...

mack marakat.


i don't know why that made me laugh so hard, but lmfaoooooo