RULES FOR COMMENTING:
You do not have to registered with Google, AltPress.com, or any of the affiliated to leave a comment. It's open and free. Be kind.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Little Rock, meet big rock.

Big rock in the form of the AP Tour, that is. Today, we invaded Juanita's, which is essentially a Mexican restaurant that doubles as a very intimate venue. This was the smallest room the AP Tour was playing, so we had to scale down our production a little bit -- sorry to all Arkansasians who didn't get to see our backdrop (or All Time Low's cuss-word scrims, for that matter). All the bands shared equipment to keep clutter to a minimum, but unfortunately, it caused some technical problems with both Forever The Sickest Kids' and the Matches' sets. The Matches also were the unfortunate recipients of monitor problems during their half-hour onstage, and sitting here on their bus now, I can tell you they are still super-bummed about their performance, so leave them some comments and tell 'em how great they are!

Also, tell 'em to play "What Katie Said," because I've been requesting it every day and they still haven't. Jerks. Good thing I sabotaged their monitors and guitars... Oh, shit, probably should stop typing every secret I have in my head. Next thing you know, I'll be telling you who killed JFK!

It was Jaleel White, by the way. Jaleel White killed JFK. I'm serious. look at this dude:




I don't trust that man whatsoever, and neither should you.

But I digress, as I often do.

All Time Low took advantage of the unusual show and had a bit of fun during their set, including when Alex took his mic stand and guitar, walked across the venue and climbed on top of the bannister next to the merch area and proceeded to play "Shameless." Amazingly, the band stayed completely in sync the whole time, and I have the video to prove it (coming as soon as the tour ends -- sorry, I don't have the capabilities to edit video on this ol' laptop).

Side note: Indy, our tour manager, just said he likes Hoobastank. Seriously. Seriously seriously. Somebody bring him a CD-R so we can play it on the bus and have him karaoke to it.

Anyway, Little Rock, you were awesome tonight, and you let the tour blow off a little steam and have a little fun in the process. Many thanks to you, and extra-special thanks go out to peeps who drove from all over the dang place -- I met people tonight from as far as 10 hours away! Way to represent, Oklahoma and Texas.

Okay, time to go see if I can check No. 1 off my daily to-do list before bus call. (Check the earlier blog to see what I'm referring to.) Later!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

DUDE, He also stole all of my high waisted pants when i was sleeping!
that rat.

Anonymous said...

The Matches are the ENTIRE reason my sis and I are going! I am sure that even though there were problems with the monitors, that the band SHINED!
I think that the Matches should do an acoustic "after-show" performance behind the club in CT the 29th so we can hear MORE from them.I swear a 1/2 hour is NOT enough for us.

Sheeba said...

The Matches make the world a better place. One not-so-perfect set won't kill anybody. Give them love from T-Town (Tucson...)and tell 'em to "buck up."

And maybe they should play What Katie Said...maybe...

-D

Anonymous said...

"WHEN WE ARE LOUD...WE ARE ONE"

Anonymous said...

scott, i knew you'd give us the info we've been dying for. i'm glad, okay, maybe not glad, but i now have closure in the mystery behind JFK's murderer.

Brittany said...

Were there no pictures taken for the show in St. Pete?

Lesley said...

1. The Matches could pretty much never give a bad performance. I'm sure they still blew everyone away.

2. When did they STOP playing What Katie Said? I feel like they played that almost every time I saw them in February and March. They should start up again.

3. Hoobastank? Really?

LaDiDa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LaDiDa said...

DUDE. ATL did that wireless thing pretty much, i think, correct me if i'm wrong... BUT he did that FIRST at the imfamous "best show ever" in PORTLAND hahaha

yea
totally was there.
but yea. just to say... :D


that sounded a lot like our concert.... but ours had non stop crowd surfing and falling jacks :D

Anonymous said...

The Matches did awesome for all the trouble, I'm glad that the crowd finally stopped being lazy and got into it. Also, Juanita's was crazy small. I'm glad the Arkansians (Arkansans? Arkies?) got to experience us Texans & Oklahomans representing. :)

Anonymous said...

The matches were amazing! regardless of the technical difficulties. they were still so good. everybody was amazing though FTSK, Sonny, and The Rocket Summer were all worth they driving 10 hours to get there. and yes Arkansas got to experience all the awesomeness that is Texas and Oklahoma.