RULES FOR COMMENTING:
You do not have to registered with Google, AltPress.com, or any of the affiliated to leave a comment. It's open and free. Be kind.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Douglasville, Georgia (or just Dougville, if you're already buds).

So remember how yesterday, I said we were going to be spending our off-day in Atlanta? Well, notsomuch -- I rolled out of my bunk this morning and discovered we were in Douglasville, a suburb of Atlanta that was pretty far from where I presume Outkast chooses to hang out. (Drat! I'll high-five you yet,  Andre 3000.)

The only things surrounding our bus today were:
-a number of hotels (one of which we had a day room in, which meant showers!)
-a gigantic Wal-Mart/Sam's Club hybrid that was probably the size of a city block
-a tanning salon
-Hooters

Suffice it to say, I've been partying since dawn and am wasted right now writing this.

Or not.

However, I did have a great lunch full of genuine Georgia barbeque along with Ben, the Matches' guitar tech/resident triangle player, and our tour manager extraordinaire Indy. We then explored the Wal-Mart where I ended up supporting the big, bad corporate machine and bought a brand new iPod case, as well as this fantastic little piece of film:


And yes, before you ask, it was worth every last penny of the $5 I spent on it.

There really isn't much else to write about today; off-days are usually pretty low-key, and today wasn't any different. However, there's a lot of buzz and nervousness about tomorrow's show in Little Rock, Arkansas -- the club we're playing, Juanita's, is the smallest venue the AP Tour is hitting at only 350 capacity. It's definitely going to be hot, crowded and a ton of fun -- knock on wood...

2 comments:

Lesley said...

"a gigantic Wal-Mart/Sam's Club hybrid that was probably the size of a city block"

welcome to the south. it is amazing.

...drc... said...

hot: yes, but we like deodorant

crowded: yes, unfortunately ("This is my brother Darryl, this is my other brother Darryl...")

tons of fun: of course! Fun is our middle name, yo