RULES FOR COMMENTING:
You do not have to registered with Google, AltPress.com, or any of the affiliated to leave a comment. It's open and free. Be kind.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Bye, Bye AP Tour

Yo, yo, yo! Hey, everyone. So this is my last post from the road. Scott just arrived, so I guess the transition is official. :) I'm not going to bore you with a bunch of details about the show, only to say that the crowd in Orlando was effing IN-SANE. It was one of our biggest crowds yet, and let me just say, I don't know if I've ever seen as many people at a show in time for the opener before this tour. Of course, not every tour has an opener like FTSK, but still, it's super rad to see so many people there early, revved up and ready to go.

Anyway, Orlando. Good times. It was funny being at Disney World just because, I dunno, it's Disney. I made a trip to the Lego store with Erica, and helped her construct the Matches plus Ben and Monica out of Lego people. Hee hee. Surprisingly, there was a lot of red and black, so we were set (and a hand truck for Monica!). After the show, a few of us hung out for a bit in the Downtown Disney area, but then we pretty much just chilled on the bus and played with Shawn's modeling clay (I made a pear, he gave it a face--pic to come!).

This morning we rolled into Ft. Lauderdale, and I got up early and met up with a good friend from grad school (who let me take a shower at his place and cooked me breakfast). W00t! I'm looking forward to being clean on the plane home this evening, and I'm sure the people sitting in my row will appreciate it, too. Now, we're just waiting for everyone to start waking up so I can show Scott the ropes and say goodbye to everyone. I'm not looking forward to the goodbye part, but fortunately I will get to see everyone again at the finale show in Cleveland--so I can at least just say "goodbye for now."

Anyway, I just want to thank everyone who's made my experience out on the road so great. Aside from the bands and the tour crew (who happen to be one of the raddest groups of people ever assembled, if I do say so myself), the people who've come out to the shows (especially the ones reading this blog--you know who you are) and our street teamers have really made this an amazing time. Thanks so much to everyone who came out and supported our magazine and the bands and Keep A Breast--I hope you had as much fun as I did and you can all stand under my umbrella whenever you want! See you next year (or on Warped)...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha at the umbrella reference. glad you enjoyed your time rachel!

Anonymous said...

bye rachel. I get so sad everytime one of you leaves! I live the rest of the tour vicariously thru all of you. Hope to see you at warped. :)

Jamie said...

Oh! Warped.
Coolioooooo.