RULES FOR COMMENTING:
You do not have to registered with Google, AltPress.com, or any of the affiliated to leave a comment. It's open and free. Be kind.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Seattle owes me a voice.

I've never really been renowned for my ability to take care of myself (I eat one meal a day and it's usually fast food). But last night in Seattle, the combination of lack of sleep, lack of nutrition, a day of running around in freezing rain and a week's worth of shouting our free subscription deal to fans who seem highly suspicious that it's actually free (oh, but it is. Please believe.) in the same room that five bands are playing at extremely high decibels has stolen my voice.

It's gone. Completely. To be fair, it was never really that great a voice in the first place. But now the fans in Salt Lake City (at least) will never get to hear it. All that's left is this raspy whisper that makes my chest and soul hurt when I attempt to communicate.

Luckily, we have a day off today and we're somewhere in Boise, Idaho, so I've been mostly able to throw my hoodie up, lay in my bunk listening to DJ Shadow and refrain from having to speak.

Aside from the fact that my throat feels like a Space Needle has been lodged inside it, Seattle was actually a great time. The venue (El Corazon) was at maximum capacity and was the first time for me on this tour in which I literally could not move. It's a rad place in a town with history that a grunge kid like me dreamt of seeing (Jason Pettigrew, you'll be happy to know that I did visit Stone Gossard's studio and I did take a picture). All the people there, too, were insanely chill. That possibly excludes everyone who was in line for our All Time Low signing and began pseudo-rioting Hayley-style when we ran out of posters. I tried drawing a picture of the guys on a few napkins, but nobody was having it. 

For those of you worried about the lack of ATL swag at the AP table, I'm working on it. Of course, I have to work on getting a dry erase board first, so that I can communicate tomorrow. 

If you've got any remedies, please help. I told my mom about my voice and asked for some maternal wisdom. Her solution: "Smile a lot."


12 comments:

Felicia said...

Try tea and honey! That's what Forever the Sickest Kids say, anyway. =P

I've never ever lost my voice. It must be weird.

capture this void said...

Smile a lot! Haha, awe. How adorable is that?

Alas, I'm afraid I can't help you on this one. Sonny has been in the same situation a number of times. Maybe you can try asking him, or, er...Gesture, somehow?

Anonymous said...

That show was AMAZING it was deffinitly one of the best i've been too and All Time Low was crazy and im very jelous sonny went to the back of the venue and kissed my friend aaron but all in all it was AMAZING i hope all the bands come back ASAP.

LaDiDa said...

tea and honey! right felicia :D

i think they said lemon and tea too.
at least that's what i do

warm beverages in general with a dash of something else should do it.

Unknown said...

sign language

Anonymous said...

Hhmm...I think it's something like... Hot water and honey. Supposed to help.
Hell... Take a spoonful of honey. It's like heaven. I lived off of it when I got sick.
GOOD LUCK.

((The main thing is rest though, refrain from using. [Though I'm pretty sure you were doing that in the first place.{Am I right?} Since you kinda killed it]Just try not to use it.))

And that... Is what I like to call. TOO many brackets.

Anonymous said...

take tea, add lemon, table spoon of honey and SOME liquor. Try to rest and don't speak.

hope you get it back soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh, dude. I'd totally keep those rad napkins! i mean, WOW.

GET WELL SOON!

Anonymous said...

smoke menthol cigarettes...lol...or maybe that's what really did you in...in that case it's my fault....which leaves me very grateful that i am here in seattle so you can't throw anything at me =)

Anonymous said...

aww!
I've lost my voice before .. not the funnest thing in the world. I drank lots and lots of hot lemonade, it helps (: get better!

Anonymous said...

Tim - me and my friends ran into you at Target in Boise yesterday. You were so adorable! You don't need a voice! I hope you liked the tea. Did you find a mug?

Smiling through the Downfall said...

a shot of olive oil loosens your vocal chords. i know it sounds gross but it works.