RULES FOR COMMENTING:
You do not have to registered with Google, AltPress.com, or any of the affiliated to leave a comment. It's open and free. Be kind.

Friday, May 2, 2008

People with glass tables should watch their shins.

Long story short: I ran into a $3,000 glass table at Diesel, the club in Pittsburgh, tonight, and almost fell on/through it. Thank god my shins there were to absorb most of the blow, and are now swollen, cut up and all-around in bad, bad shape. If you're coming to the Cleveland show tonight, ask to see them so you can laugh at my stupidity.

And still, no one's brought me any Arizona Fruit Punch, but not for lack of trying: One of my totally awesome street teamers, Mark (hey dude!), said he searched all over the city but couldn't find any. Curses! Luckily, he and fellow volunteer Rachel kicked mondo amounts of butt tonight, from helping keep the line to meet Forever The Sickest Kids under control to getting seemingly every last person in the dang venue tonight to sign up.

Maybe they wore out the crowd by doing that, because Pittsburgh, you were officially dead tonight. The crowd finally woke up when Bryce stage-dove, mic in hand, during his loop-pedals song (which he told me later has no name but people have taken to calling it "Wake Up" -- I can't imagine why). From that point on, the crowd seemed to get into the show, but all 600 of you owe FTSK, Sonny and the Matches an apology for not dancing your butts off like a good crowd should.

Okay, it's definitely way, way beyond my bedtime (curse you, 5 a.m. bus calls!); I'm gonna go wedge myself into my coffin-bunk, crash for a few hours and then wake up in home sweet home, Cleveland, Ohio. There's 1100 of you coming to the show tonight, and I expect high-fives from no less than 897 of you. Make it happen.

8 comments:

Laura said...

I will definetely be giving you a high 5, and other little presents :)

Anonymous said...

ouch.
i once ran into a glass door, but since i was running at like 4384623846238 mph i couldnt stop myself, so i thought it was a good idea (at the time) to just buckle my knees and let those crash into the door.
not such a good idea. you can probably imagine what happened.
haha okay, enough of that. and dude, why are your standards so low? every last kid in the entire state of ohio should give you a high 5 (:

Anonymous said...

How about an e-five?


And glass should be made opaque for the sake of the people.

nika said...

your Arizona Fruit Punch was so close to you last night. I found it (after the show) at a gas station like 6 blocks from Diesel. if it's any consolation I totally thought of you when I saw it

Anonymous said...

hey scott, since i'm going to the cleveland show.. i got here and i dont know how things work? could you fill me in on what time i should get to the venue? i was just eating at the restaurant, and there didnt seem to be anyone else there, but i don't want to be late either? if you get this before the show, please fill me in!

Youth Conspiracy Records said...

The doors open at 6pm tonight; I believe if you're eating in the restaurant, they let you skip the line, but don't quote me on that. Ask your waitress!

Anonymous said...

I totally was one of the only people singing when The Matches were playing... I was all alone! I was jumping around and screaming all the lyrics and throwing my fist into the air. It was awesome. And I sang to all of the FTSK songs!!

Anonymous said...

i do agree somewhat. the people
who are usually at shows in pgh
can be kinda boring. a lot of kids
here don't seem to enjoy dancing
and i never knew why. but, i was
dancing my ass off to ftsk, well as
much as i could with the barely any
room in the club. even if i was the
only one! it was a great show!