RULES FOR COMMENTING:
You do not have to registered with Google, AltPress.com, or any of the affiliated to leave a comment. It's open and free. Be kind.

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Everybody get dangerous, everybody get dangerous (booyah).

Okay, first off: Allentown, Pennsylvania, is a pretty dead city once the sun goes down. Our bus call tonight is 5 a.m. but unlike Sauget, Illinois, there are no strip clubs (or Mack Marakats) to keep me entertained until we hit the road. So here we sit on the bus -- me, Shawn and Justin from the Matches, their merch girl Monaca, Erica from Keep A Breast and Seth, the guitarist from the Rocket Summer -- jamming the new Weezer record at an absurdly loud volume. If you're in Allentown and reading this before 5 a.m., come on over and listen with us! But we won't let you on the bus unless you bring Wendy's.

Anyway.

We played Crocodile Rock tonight, and it was an... interesting venue, to say the least. Not my favorite of the tour by any means, but it had its charm. For example, when someone would take a shower upstairs, it would drip down the walls below -- onto the AP table, and more importantly, me. Alas, if only All Time Low sold umbrellas instead of just singing about them... (Dudes! That is a great merch idea! Cut me in on that!)

I've officially decided to nickname Allentown's crowd "Screamy McScreamerson." Good lord, you people howled at every last stage movement, light flicker and sweat drip (of which there were plenty). Forever The Sickest Kids and All Time Low were treated as how I imagine Elvis and the Beatles were 40-50 years ago, only with less hoop skirts and more cleavage-baring tops. (Seriously, girls, put those things away and just enjoy the show.) Even I got some fan adoration from a few people, including an awesome girl who brought me home-baked snickerdoodles, as well as thoughts of Arizona fruit punch (which proved to be a tough get -- I told you people it's harder to find than you think). But even though my throat remained parched, my stomach was filled by an awesome kid who randomly bought me a hot dog when he saw me rubbing my belly. Dude, I don't know who you are, but you are the best person in the whole world as of right now.

The tour is winding down; tomorrow in Pittsburgh, even though it's only the second-to-last show, is sort of everyone's last hurrah together as many of the bands have to leave immediately after the Cleveland show. Expect some big brodowns in PGH tomorrow; I personally plan on dragging as many people to Primanti Bros. as possible to give 'em a good meal. See you there!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott, let me start off by saying you seem like a chill dude and I thoroughly enjoy your blogs.
Now I know you weren't there at this point in the tour, but I'm gunna keep asking until my question gets answered :)
How come no one took pictures in Boulder?
It seemed like they did on every other date of the tour.
Inquiring minds want to know :)

Youth Conspiracy Records said...

We invited all of our contributing photographers out to any show they could make to take pictures for us, but unfortunately we didn't have people in every single city. We didn't skip Boulder on purpose, we promise!

Anonymous said...

As long as it wasn't on purpose.
:)
If I ever meet you I'll be sure to give you some Arizona Fruit Punch.

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blogs & the updates of the tour. I look forward to them everyday! I wish I could have meet you on the date I saw the AP Tour! :( Best Tour of the year in my opinion!

Jess said...

damn straight i'm awesome...kidding!!! glad you liked them. next time you're in the northeast (and i know about you being there) you will for sure get more food. oh and...it was great to meet you scott!!

Anonymous said...

Primanti Bros. FTW! Just another amazing aspect of Pittsburgh =)
Other than the sports team. HOW ABOUT them Pens!!!

I went to Allentown for a stop on the Manwhores and Open Sores tour and I agree... Interesting venue, interesting crowd. *shrugs* Guess I'm just used to Maryland

Anonymous said...

scott, you are so cool. like i can totally see you as being one of my best friends(:
sucks! i totally missed you at my show, were you at the FT. Lauderdale show? i totally would of cooked you some cookies or something. anyways, have fun on your last days of this tour, it wassss an amazing lineup and i bet you had a blast <3

marissa said...

so do you know who the other photographer was that night at croc rock in allentown?
there were three there and the other guy, he was younger looking didnt upload any photos yett.