RULES FOR COMMENTING:
You do not have to registered with Google, AltPress.com, or any of the affiliated to leave a comment. It's open and free. Be kind.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Power outages are punk rock.

New Haven, you are one weird town. For all the awesome things you gave me in the past 48 hours (frozen chai, amazing pizza, delicious fan-made baked goods), you sure liked to mess things up, too. Like having one of my street teamers completely vanish as soon as the show started. (Luckily, the other three were some of the sweetest dudes and dudettes ever and worked their butts off for me.) Then there was the myriad of technical difficulties during All Time Low's set, which caused them to go on nearly a half-hour late. Oh, and then the stage power went out in mid-song toward the end of ATL's set -- like, three times. It was kind of ridiculous.

Although, there's always a silver lining: When the power went out in "Jasey Rae," Alex just put his guitar down and led the crowd in an a capella sing-along of the last half of the song. Imagine a full house singing along word for word with no other instruments being played. It was a pretty awesome moment to witness, and thankfully, I was able to film it with the AP video camera -- look for that in the coming weeks.

Oh, yeah, I almost got in a fight with eight moronic skater kids who were trying to start shit outside the venue with Sonny. Listen up, fucktards: You fuck with anyone on this tour, you're fucking with me. Remember that.

Luckily, I met a ton of great people at the AP table tonight to make me forget about all the bad stuff. Plenty of you came by and said you are avid blog readers, which really made me stoked. I'm glad people are reading, and I'm glad you're coming up to me at shows! Now if only you brought me cans of Arizona Fruit Punch... Alas. The crowd in general was psyched on the tour tonight -- apparently the Rocket Summer's "Brat Pack" is the official song of New Haven, as every last person knew the words and had no problem drowning Bryce Avary out when he started the song. Seriously, you peeps were loud.

The night continued at a pizza-and-ice cream restaurant next door to Toad's Place, where some of the Matches and I indulged in two of the greatest foods known to man, before attempting the "you can't eat six Saltines in one minute" game. While we all failed to accomplish the near-Herculean feat of shoveling six crackers down your throat in 60 seconds' time, I am proud to say I got the closest out of anyone, and this has convinced me to begin training to accomplish this feat. Look for a Youtube video of me tackling this edible Everest sometime soon. I promise. Word is bond.

Okay, that's it for me tonight. Our bus is on the way to Allentown, Pennsylvania. I hope Billy Joel is waiting there for us with open arms.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

you tell 'em scott. nobody messes with the peeps on the ap tour! :) i also suggest that next tour, you come out to the west coast so i can witness the gloriousness that is scott heisel.

Anonymous said...

fucktards is my favorite word. ever. and you scott are one of my favorite people. ever. tell the matches hello.

Anonymous said...

I can eat 6 saltines in 60 seconds. That's not just a claim, I've actually done it ahah.

Lesley said...

pizza AND ice cream restaurant?!? those are my two absolute favorite things created by god or man. why do i live on the opposite coast?

Unknown said...

new haven is such a weird place. i had a lot of fun at the show. besides my potentially broken jaw, it was a good night.
the rocket summer is more amazing than anything.
funny that you say brat pack is new haven's song. i went to camp in new haven. right in yale, like a block away from the venue, and sure enough, brat pack WAS our song :]

...still mad at that chick who elbowed me in the face 7 times during forever the sickest kids. way to almost ruin my 7th rocket summer show. not cool man.

LaDiDa said...

hey scott, do you have a youtube account? cuz i'd totally love to actually see all this footage you're talking about. :D

Anonymous said...

it was good seeing you last night!
especially caues my tickets were free! haha

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the free posters and subscription cards. They were a big hit with my students. It was great to meet you.

Anonymous said...

i try. so so so hard. to get all six crackers done. every SINGLE time i end up with like, 1/4 of the last one still in my hand. this is a fight i refuse to lose, though. i WILL get it one day!!!